Monday, January 31, 2011

My Cloth Diaper Update!

Hey everyone!

This is a cloth diaper update! I've been cloth diapering for almost 4 months now and things could not be going better! I have saved a lot of money and though it's extra work, this has made it worth the effort. I started out trying to figure out how to get a prefold on my son and now I could do it at 4am while I'm half awake with no troubles and a wiggling lil boy! I'm very proud of myself. I'll actually be uploading a video of a cloth diaper review once I get our move over and settled...and I just ordered some thirsties products to try out so I'm going to be trying those out as well and seeing how I like those. I ordered two AIO's and one cover. I absolutely needed a extra diaper cover so badly. When I had started out cloth diapering I started out with just some gerber prefolds (which are NOT prefolds in my opinion) and some of those rubber gerber pants...they were pink to because I'd had them left over from my daughter and my husband was not happy with his son running around in pink rubber pants. But now I'm collecting a very nice stash of diapers. Mostly I've been using my gdiapers for day use. I really love them, however I use mine so much that the elastic on my liners tends to wear and I had to buy some new liners for them last week because my old ones had started to leak. I ended up going to a store near us called BuyBuyBaby and they sell gdiapers there, so I bought a pack which comes with three liners. Now that I have extra's I won't be using the same liners over and over again so much so hopefully these will wear less. I also have a few bum genius which are nice, the only problem I have had with these is that he moves and runs and crawls they sometimes leak out of the side so I have to adjust them around his butt a lot. I still use just a prefold and a snappy with a cover at night, and sometimes during the day is I'm in the mood for that. Once I get my thirsties in I'll blog a review on those, but I've heard a lot of great things about them.

Anyway, just wanted to do a update on those. I'm proud of myself for staying with the cloth for this long. =)

0 comments: