Tuesday, November 23, 2010

How to make a SnowMan

Hi again! Today's project is a SnowMan. there are several ways you could make a simple Snowman. If you are not a sewing person, I'd suggest going to a Hobby Lobby or other craft store and purchasing the different sized white Styrofoam balls and making your snow man out of that. All you'd have to do is glue those together and you'd have your basic body for your snowman. I enjoy recycling stuff instead of buying things, so in this how to I'm going to show you how to make a snow man out of a old white piece of cloth. This material could be a old blanket, shirt, scarf, etc. It doesn't matter. If you wanted you really could use any color or material for your Snowman. It's yours so you make it how you like it.

For this project you'll need:

  • Glue Gun
  • Glue Sticks
  • White fabric or some kind.
  • Pipe Cleaners
  • Buttons
  • Needle and Thread
  • Stuffing
So your going to start by taking your material and cutting on three different size circles like I did in the picture below. I made my bottom circle a bit bigger to steady my snowman so he doesn't fall over.
Once you have three circles cut out, take your bottom (biggest) circle and run the thread through it like the picture below. Once your done, it should look kinda like a lil pouch. You should be able to pull on the thread and the "bag" should scrunch up. Now your going to add the stuffing in to it. Make sure you add just enough to where it fills out but not to much that you can't close it. I also added some of my white fabric scraps to the inside of the bottom circle so it would be heavier on the bottom.

Once you've done this to all three of your circles, you can stack and sew them together like this. If your sewing isn't great you can always reinforce this by adding a bit of glue inbetween the balls and holding them together. Now you can add decorations. This part is just you added what you like. Take some buttons and hot glue them to the front. I always use pipe cleaners for the arms. And could give him a hat or antlers. Orange pipe cleaners are perfect for a carrot nose. You can even grab some other scrap fabric and make him some clothes. It's totally up to your imagination.

This is the one my daughter and I made last night.

So I hope this helps anyone out there. I'll probably not post anything for the Thanksgiving Holiday because I'm going out of town so Happy Thanksgiving to you all!

0 comments: