Monday, November 22, 2010

Just an Update

This post is just a entry about my cloth diaper adventure thus far. I've tried several different kinds now and so far my favorites are the G Diapers, just because of how easy they are to use, and I can reuse them without washing them. I have several Bum Genius's which are my 2nd favorite and I also have one Bum Genius cover which I also LOVE. And 3rd would be just a regular prefold with a snappy/cover. Since I was just getting use to cloth diapering I haven't been using one at night for changing because I wasn't sure about it, so I told myself I'd wait until he ran out of disposables to use the cloth ones over night. And he ran out of his pampers two days ago sooo for the past two nights I've been using my Bum Genius over night. Though G Diapers are my fav, I wouldn't recommend them for over night use just because they tend to link more then the bum's do. But so far they haven't been any harder then changing a pamper at night.

We don't have a washer/dryer in our house which does make it harder to cloth diaper, but not impossible. I've found several web sites that can give you tips on how to wash them without washer dryer. So usually what I'll do is fill up a wash board bucket I have around the house here, with some of my detergent. I use the Gain "Free" on my diapers. And a little bit of tea tree oil. Then I just let them soak a while, scrub them and then rinse them out and hang dry them. It's not really that hard. Then when we do our laundry, which is twice a week, I'll take all of them and machine wash them.

We are going on our first road trip on Wed. which is going to be about a 4 hour drive there and we will be staying for a few days. I was a little nervous about taking a trip with the cloth, but my mom's house has a washer dryer hook up so it shouldn't be too hard. I've also watched a few videos on tips for traveling with cloth and I went out and purchased a few more diapers just to have extras for our trip.

So it was hard at first because I had no idea what I was doing. If you are thinking of trying it don't give up because once you get the hang of it, get a routine to what you are doing it isn't that hard. I'll do a update post on how the trip went with them. :)

0 comments: